Our consultancy service encompasses all aspect of collections, credit control, recoveries from both a set up and operational perspective, spanning many different sectors of business. We have worked with an array of organisations over many years from Accountants to Wine Merchants
We generally become involved with an organisation:
- At management level and above (We have plenty of management experience!)
- Our assignments range from operational/departmental reviews through to on- site interim management of up 4 days per week - our assignments have ranged from a 1-day review to on-site operational management, the longest of which has been 3 years!
- We work for you and work with you. Therefore we provide as little or as much as is required we can review existing personnel, processes, operational structures, existing contracts, collection strategy, collection audits, implement and oversee systems upgrades, new systems, involvement with the hiring of new staff as detailed below If you are suffering from any of issues below, then we can assist;
- Rising arrears or bad debts?
- Not enough cash been collected?
- Increasing numbers of non-paying customers?
- Increasing bad debt losses?
- Under performing credit control/collections/debt recovery department?
- Credit Policy and Procedures need creating or updating?
- Collections strategy not performing?
- Staff or Management not performing to targets?
- Are you thinking about setting up a credit control/collections department?
- Looking for a new collections system?
- Do your collection/reminder letters need updating?
- Is your current debt collection agency not performing?
- Regulatory/compliance issues (CCA, OFT, FSA, MOJ, TCF)
- If you have an issue, which we haven't mentioned, let us know!
- A multi million pound operation company was suffering cash flow problems with only 65% of customers paying their invoices. Within 2 weeks of our initial report being completed we were commissioned to run the department on a on-site interim basis. Payment rates went up to 80% and within 4 months this increased to 93% and after a year is still rising. A number of issues were identified and resolved, many new practices were implemented, departmental costs were significantly reduced, staff collections, productivity and efficiencies of 200% were achieved on average. A year later we were still operating for them and saved them at least £4.5M through avoided losses, productivity savings, new working practices, plus other operational savings!
- A FTSE 250 company was concerned about its debtor days, some site reviews took place, a training programme was agreed and debtor days started to decrease quite rapidly.
- A commercial arm of a high street bank had provided commercial funding to a company, which they were fast losing confidence in as a result of diminishing returns and increasing portfolio losses. We agreed to a on-site interim management role, which involved many changes to the department, personnel and it's practices. We also worked positively with the on site management team of the company, providing full justification and rationale for our thoughts, decisions and actions.
- A company we dealt with were unable to understand why a particular department had the problems it did. A 1-day on site review identified the likely problems and issues, our report was submitted and we understand the company took the appropriate actions as per our report.
- A company had assigned a significant number of its accounts to an external debt collection agency and were having concerns regarding the performance of their portfolio. We agreed to an external on-site review at the premises of the Debt collection agency and reported back, both parties agreed a number of remedial actions and our client quickly noticed an increase in collections performance.
- A professional firm had invested in a debt collection agency, located elsewhere in the country. They were unsure of how to measure its effectiveness and how it was performing compared to that of other agencies operating in the sector. We reviewed the operation over a 1-week period providing details of the operation performance (Good and Bad) as well as providing benchmarks for our client to work to.
As you can see over a number of years we have completed a number of assignments plus many more we haven't got room to mention.
But what do we charge? This is a very difficult question to answer on a website!
It depends on a number of factors, such as location, amount of time required to scope the project, your objectives. A tailor made quote (on a no obligation basis) will be provided to you after your initial enquiry and our discussion.
But you can rest assured we do look to save you money, increase your cash, reduce debtor days, which means we save you money!
To discuss your requirements please contact us:
Telephone: 01942 815728 / 07724 171541